What you Need to Know about Benefits Taxation
Facilitator: Debora Huggins, CPP
When: November 18th, 2021 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Where: Virtual Meeting
Please request an invitation by end of day Monday, November 15th, to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you will be attending. A link and password will be sent to you the day before the meeting to log in.
Join us virtually for our next chapter meeting, as we view and discuss What You Need to Know about Benefits Taxation.
You will learn the payroll department’s responsibilities pertaining to the set-up of employee benefits, including retirement, health and welfare and other benefits. You will learn what payroll department staff need to know when tax withholding needs to occur and how to communicate the tax withholding effectively to employees. Learn how to be proactive on employee taxation issues with management and prevent surprises.
What you will learn:
- Identify the information needed to set-up Retirement Benefits in the payroll system and determine whether withholding taxes are required
- Identify the information needed to set-up Health and Welfare Plan Benefits in the payroll system and determine whether withholding taxes are required
- Which withholding taxes on employee moving expenses are required and communication to employees
- How to use gross-up effectively and the appropriate taxes to withhold
- Identify the information required to report the personal use of company car income, when to report and when to withhold taxes
- Providing voluntary benefits and whether tax withholding is required
We Look forward to seeing you!
Willamette Chapter APA