Supervisor, Payroll & Benefits
The Supervisor, Payroll & Benefits is responsible for the overall management of the payroll, benefit and 401k functions for employees. This position will ensure the proper controls are present and audited on a regular basis related to payroll and benefit processes within the department, provide oversight regarding the company’s benefits package and employee premiums supporting the company’s objective of the corporate benefit structure, and apply core values in daily work activities, including participation in continuous improvement initiatives, strategic plan objectives and lean manufacturing concepts.
• Supervise the efficient and accurate processing of both bi-weekly payroll, including GL posting and reconciliation, audits and reporting.
• Direct the administration of ADP Payroll and Time modules
• Communicates regulatory changes with company executives
• Develop and roll out implementation strategies
• Maintain payroll-related policies, procedures and audit compliance
• Manage all bonus payouts, including incentive compensation
• Communicate with employees about the details and value of the benefits package
• Partner with the broker and Executive team to review benefit plan performance , and make recommendations to company executives regarding short and long term plan strategies
• Ensure all benefits are administered in compliance with applicable federal and state laws
• Responsible for the overall administration of the plan and related fiduciary responsibilities
• Develop internal auditing procedures, striving for best practices
Management of the Department: (Prior management experience required)
• Responsible for the management of the department staff
• Analyze and recommend department needs
• Communicate as required with company executives regarding critical issues relating to payroll, benefits, and 401k
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be “hands on” and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
2-5 years’ experience managing payroll/benefits/401k department is required.
A Certified Payroll Specialist is strongly preferred.
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities include:
• ADP Enterprise payroll experience (Expert level knowledge, needs prior experience drafting custom reports, and working in the General Ledger)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Exceptional customer service and intrapersonal skills supporting both internal and external customers
• Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of benefit plan designs
• Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs
• Proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook are required.
Pay Range: $55,00 – $70,000 per year (Will be dependent on experience).
Applicants can send a résumé directly to Tyler Cho at TCho@StephenJames.com or contact him by phone at (503) 305-2286.